Product Code: CC2
By Dr. Shari Robertson, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Illustrated by Alexandra Crouse Bowser
When it’s late and I can’t sleep,
I count cows instead of sheep.
So begins the adventures of a sleepless youngster with cows on the brain! Capering Cows is a romp through the barnyard that will keep youngsters entertained and engaged. Through the fantastically fun illustrations of Alexandra Crouse Bowser, bare cows, hairy cows, friendly cows, and scary cows frolic with cows that slurp, cows that lick, and cows that pirouette and kick.
Capering Cows will delight both children and adults while fostering the critical foundation skills necessary for reading success.
Capering Cows also includes flash cards that can be used to practice vocabulary and extend the story.
READ WITH ME STRATEGIES: Echo Reading and Paired Reading
NATIONAL READING PANEL TARGETS: Vocabulary, Reading Fluency, Phonemic Awareness (/k/) and Phonological Awareness (rhyming)
PRAISE FOR CAPERING COWS:
- Best way EVER to teach vocabulary. Perfect for echo reading.
- A laugh-out-loud gem of a story.
- Outstanding use of text combined with wonderful illustrations. I dare you NOT to laugh!
- Hits all the targets for reading development in one fantastically fun package.
- My 3 year old son's favorite book. He loves those cows. And told me I was "glamorous!"
- A MUST HAVE and MUST READ...again and again and again!
FLASHCARDS WORN OUT? Download another set here!
MAKE SOME CAPERING COWS! (Extension Activity)
Draw Your Own Cow Pairs
FIND MORE IDEAS TO EXTEND THE FUN AND LEARNING ON OUR PINTEREST PAGE @DynResources
We Also Recommend